In my opinion the greatest benefit of participating in these discussion groups is the ability to both give and receive information. I, myself, find great pleasure in being able to provide others with information that they may find useful and valuable. It is this focus that brought me into a helping field first (residential counselor) and an educator second. The selfless manner in which members give of themselves with no expectation of payment or favor is a wonderful thing to partake in. When you're part of a digital community the likelihood that you'll ever meet that person in real life is slim to none yet the feeling of reciprocity keeps these sites alive and flourishing.
I am finding just as much, if not more, enjoyment from answering other member's posts as much as having mine responded to.
Eric,
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are having positive experiences with the forum you are involved in. I am sure getting a lot of great feedback that is not only interesting but important as well.
I agree Eric, there definitely is a mutual bond that is formed with other bloggers. I have found that others that are in my blogging community come from really diverse backgrounds and work totally different jobs, but we all come together for one common cause. I also agree that this has been a wonderful experience.
ReplyDelete