I have been in the market recently for some camera equipment, including a wide angle lens. Lenses can be VERY expensive so the process of purchasing one is something I take very seriously. Not only do I want to get a good deal, I also want to make sure that the lens I buy is going to perform as I intend and expect it to. I also want to make sure that it is a reputable brand that is going to be durable and able to be repaired without sending it halfway around the world.
The ability to get feedback from many reliable sources has bee an amazing tool. I'm getting feedback from photographers from many different skill levels as well as from photographers that use their equipment for a variety of applications and subject matters. I didn't realize what a big difference your intended subject matters (i.e. sports, landscapes, travel, weddings, etc.) can make on potential equipment choices.
I am also finding it to be very gratifying to be able to offer some advice or provide answers to questions that other members have posed to the group.
I'm continuing to have a great time blogging away.
I agree, especially when you're making an expensive purchase like a lens it's important to consult someone else that has been in that situation before. The best way to find out from others is to post the question on your blogging site and multiple people that have been in your shoes before will give knowledgeable advice.
ReplyDelete